Via the website www.the-dayclock.com (hereinafter: “the-dayclocks.com”) part of DayClocks International B.V., privacy-sensitive data or personal data are processed. the-dayclocks.com deems careful handling of personal data very important. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us in accordance with the requirements for the processing of personal data laid down in European privacy legislation.
In our processing activities, we comply with privacy law requirements. This means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state for what purposes we process personal data, as we do in this privacy and cookie statement;
- strive to limit the collection of personal data to those needed for legitimate purposes only;
- first request your express consent to the processing of your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and demand the same of parties processing personal data on our instructions;
- respect your right to request inspection of your personal data and have them corrected or deleted.
We act as the controller in the data processing. In this privacy and cookie statement, we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purposes. We recommend that you read this statement carefully.
We also want to state that all registered data after logging in to your DayClocks user account is for private use only and will not be linked to third parties in any way.
This privacy and cookie statement was most recently revised on 12 februari 2018.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
By using our website, you leave certain data with us, which may include personal data. We only store and use personal data that are provided directly by you or which are clearly provided to us for processing purposes. We will not use the personal data for any other purposes, unless you have given your prior consent thereto.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to give access to the website www.the-dayclocks.com;
- to create a login account after the purchase of a DayClockto analyse statistics and optimise the website, and to report on and measure the effect of our marketing efforts;
- to offer the different functionalities on the website, under which the DayClocks dashboard.
- to make the internet offer more interesting for you by displaying advertisements that fit your interests via Facebook, Instagram and Google;
- to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and personalized offers, via our newsletter;
- to show you personalized content on our website, that fits your interests.
We will handle your personal data confidential. We will not provide your data to third parties for direct marketing purposes by such parties. Nor will we provide the data provided by you to third parties, if you have not given your consent, unless this is necessary for performing the agreement you have concluded with us or is required by law.
Cookies are small information files that can be automatically stored on, or read out from the device (including a PC, tablet or smartphone) of the website visitor, while visiting a website. This is done through the web browser on the device. The information that can be transmitted by a cookie, over the use of our website, can be transferred to the own secured servers of Eurail.com or to the servers of a third party.
- to enable the functionality of our website (technical and functional cookies);
- to generate overall statistics and gain insight into the use of our website by the public in order to optimise our website and services (analytics cookies)
- to make the internet offer more interesting for you by displaying advertisements that fit your interests and to personalise the ads and content on our website and in our newsletters based on your interests and click and surf behaviour (targeting/advertisement cookies);
- to offer you the possibility to share information on our webpages via the different Social Media channels (Social Media cookies).
DISABLING OF COOKIES
You can prevent the placement of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling some functionality and certain features of this website. Therefore, it is recommended not to disable cookies.
REMOVAL OF COOKIES
We take security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. More specifically, we take the following measures:
- logical access control based on use of passwords and Social Login authentication systems;
- automatic logging of all actions relating to personal data;
- securing network connections using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- purpose-related access restrictions;
- monitoring granted powers.
You can submit a do-not-track request to us via your browser. Because our website does not work optimally without these functionalities, we do not comply with such requests.
Persons under the age of 18 may use our website only under the supervision of their parents or legal representatives.
This statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that such third parties handle your personal data carefully and securely. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of their websites before you make use of the websites.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIE STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this statement. Changes will be published on our website and previous versions will continue to be available. We recommend that you check this statement regularly, so that you are informed of any changes.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA
If you have provided personal data via our website, you can send us a request for insight, inspection, rectification, restriction, modification, data portability or deletion of these data. You should send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To prevent abuse, we may ask you to provide proper proof of your identity. If you want to inspect personal data linked to a cookie, you should include a copy of the relevant cookie with your request, which you can find in your browser settings.
NATIONAL SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
Of course, we also gladly help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Based on privacy legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data against our processing of your personal data.
- We make use of a server in a datacenter with ISO 270001 certification. All communication between the server and the DayClock, app and / or website is transported through a secure, encrypted connection or an SSL connection.
- The customer information (email, user name, activities, photos) are not shared with third parties. You can delete your own activities at any time. After cancellation of the subscription, the subscription data will also be deleted.
- Only the helpdesk has access to your activities and will only view them on request (for providing support).
If you have any questions about your privacy or about this privacy and cookie statement, you can send an email to email@example.com, or contact us via Facebook. Besides this you can contact us via the following contact details:
Address: Sullivandreef 28, 5012 AP, Tilburg, The Netherlands
KvK-number:66108683 (Dutch Chamber of Commerce number)